What happens if you take legendary surf guitarist Jerry Cole, after his brief spell with The Animated Egg and put him in a room with a lush orchestra and lots of Philip K Dick books?
According to the sleeve of the original mid-'60s album: 'A space Odyssey in the beat of today with the far out sounds of tomorrows uncharted trip beyond the now generation.'
Yes, all that and song titles like 'Re-Entry To Mog' and the supreme 'A Disappointed Love With A Desensitized Robot'.
'Astro-Sounds From Beyond The Year 2000' is a work of psychedelic genius with a Krautrock-styled rhythm, a trippy meander through the planets thats very PiL in places over ten years before the fact. As groovy as it gets!
02. Re-Entry To Mog (Thats How It Is)
03. Space Odyssey (Sure Listic)
04. Astral Freakout (A Love Built On Sand)
05. Orbit Fantasy (Inside Looking Out)
06. Blues For The Guru
07. Strings For Ravi
08. Barrier X-69 (Slippin And Trippin')
09. A Disappointed Love With A Desensitized Robot
10. Where Were You In 1982?
11. Trippin On Lunar 07
12. A Bad Trip Back In 69
13. Karma Sutra
15. Instant Nirvana