A Certain Ratio was one of the first groups to sign to the legendary Factory Records in Manchester. Whilst many people credit New Order and The Happy Mondays as the groups who brought Dance music into the sound of Manchester (later Madchester!), it is in fact ACR who were there in the beginning.
This CD covers this period of their career (from 1978-1985). At this point ACR entered the next phase of their career, signing to a major (A&M) to try and find some of the mainstream success that many of their imitators would achieve. But ACR were always too unique and musically ahead of their time to fit into the mainstream and it was not to be. ACR would leave A&M two years later.
Hopefully this CD is a testament to one of the most influential groups that the UK has ever produced in the last 25 years!
01. Do The Du
04. Shack Up
05. The Fox
06. Blown Away
08. Life's A Scream
10. Knife Slits Water
11. Sounds Like Something Dirty
01. All Night Party (Original 7" Single)
02. Faceless (Graveyard And Ballroom)
03. Do The Du (John Peel Session, 1979)
04. All Night Party (John Peel Session, 1979)
05. Flight (John Peel Session, 1979)
06. Choir (John Peel Session, 1979)
07. Skipscada (John Peel Session, 1981)
08. Felch (Original NYC Mix)
09. Abracadubra (Sir Horatio 12")
10. Tumba Rhumba (7" Single B-Side)
11. Si Fermir O Grido (Touch Cassette)
12. Tribeca (Video)