This, the ninth studio album from Mono Inc. takes us on an intense journey of strange drama, haunting melodies, wild orchestrations and deeply moving lyrics, as we follow a brutal voyage across terrible oceans in this tragic search for freedom.
The band, centred around singer Martin Engler and drummer Katha Mia, grabs the listener with the very first beat; you feel the moaning of the masts, the whipping of the storms and taste the bitter, salty spray. Unmoved by the chart success of their previous 3 top 10 albums, Mono Inc. beguile once again, pulling us into another dimension - into Their World.
The 12 songs are a gripping roller-coaster of moods and emotions. They will bewitch your ears, speed your pulse, and settle like gold dust on your heart. 2 tracks on this album are particularly striking: The moving anthem ‘Children of the Dark’ is a regular all-star project featuring vocal support from Joachim Witt, Tilo Wolff (Lacrimosa) and Chris Harms (Lord of the Lost) and could be the dancefloor filler of rock clubs for many years to come, while listening to ‘Boatman’ gave VNV Nation front man Ronan Harris such goose bumps that, for the first time in his great career, he spontaneously became available for a duet...
01. The Banks of Eden
02. Together till the End
03. Boatman (feat. Ronan Harris/VNV Nation)
04. Out in the Fields
05. The Tide
06. Children of the Dark (feat. Joachim Witt, Tilo Wolff/Lacrimosa, Chris Harms/Lord of the Lost)
07. Forever and a Day
08. Across the Waves
09. There comes a Time (Back to Life)
10. Rome wasn't built in a Day
11. This is My Life
12. Eden (Reprise)
01. Potter's Field (Live & Unplugged feat. Ronald Zeidler)
02. Across the Waves (performed by Palast)
03. Forever and a Day (Infinity rmx by Solitary Experiments)
04. Children of the Dark (Faderhead rmx)
05. Across the Waves (Takatiktok mix by Eisfabrik)
06. This is My Life (Kondensat rmx by Blitz-maschine)
07. Boatman (Original Version)
08. Children of the Dark (Original Version)